Only those with Super Admin access can add a new user to the database.
Click on the Settings icon (the little blue gear) located at the top right corner of your screen. This will bring up your account’s profile page.
From your profile page, select Users & Staff in the left sidebar under Account.
At the top of the Users & Staff page, click on the green Add New User button.
This will bring up the Add New User page with several fields requiring information to be entered:
- Role: One of four permissions can be selected from the pull-down listing:
- Super Admin: Manages account information, updates application settings and uses the application.
- Administrator: Manages extension settings and uses the application.
- User: Just uses the application.
- Viewer: Searches and views records but is unable to create, update or delete records.
- Name: The full name of the user you are creating.
- Email address: The email address that will correspond with the new user. This should be unique across the entire Wildlife Rehabilitation MD service. You can be a user of multiple accounts, however if the database recognizes the email address, it will ask if this user already exists.
- Confirmation: Confirm the email address.
- Password: Be creative! This password is what separates your data from the outside world. For added security, use a password that you don’t use anywhere else and change your password on occasion. Passwords must contain:
- At least 6 characters
- At least 1 lower case character
- At least 1 upper case character
- At least 1 digit
- Confirm Password: Re-enter your new password.
- Send Email: By checking this box you can choose to send a welcome email to the new user. This email contains WRMD user information including their password.
When all information has been entered, click the Add User button at the bottom of the page. The new user has now been successfully added to your WRMD account.